A few months after your new baby is born and the initial fog has lifted, you start getting organized. As most of us are expats living in Luxembourg and/or we loooove to travel, we need a passport/ID card for the new little person in our life.
Here are our recommendations to how and where to get the passport PHOTOS done!
The most popular method seems to be taking the picture yourself! Once you have managed to keep the baby still and on a grey or white background (check with your embassy what is allowed as some countries can be pretty strict with their passport pictures), you can either send the photo per email or bring it on a USB key directly to the photo shop and they will print it for you.
It is very important to be clear on the requirements of your photos, for instance it is sometimes required that baby should:
- not be smiling
- with open eyes (fair enough but if it’s a newborn that can only stay happily awake for around an hour, impeccable timing is going to be of the essence)
- with a closed mouth (getting tricky now…)
- not be sucking on a pacifier or anything else for that matter
- not be crying. And again here, timing is going to be of the essence. Therefore plan the session so baby is not overtired, or over-hungry and just freshly woken up from a good nap
- not be wearing any hats, bandanas, glasses or tiaras… Really!
If you do not trust your own photographic skills there are a few places you can go and they will take great care of you and your baby!
- Photo.Nett in City Concorde: www.concorde.lu/fra/shops/boutiques/19_photo-nett
- Image Center in the Gare: www.imagecenter.lu
- Service Photo in the city centre: www.servicephoto.lu/
- Portrait Studios in Junglinster: www.portraitstudios.be
- Photokalliste in the Gare: www.photokalliste.lu
- Auchan in Kirchberg: www.auchan.lu/en/Editorial/auchan-photo
- You can simply go to your commune and they will take it for you!
Our top tip: before going to the Photo shop, check with the authorities to see how they prefer to have them done. The Danish Consulate in Luxembourg suggested we send our photo by email. We therefore didn’t have any cost regarding the printing of the photo. We did have a lot of takes at home as baby would not lie still, but we made it in the end!
What are your experiences? Share in the comments below!
Anne Louise is a mother of two small boys and works as a Holistic Health Coach in Luxembourg. Her passion is helping people, just like you, feel better about themselves through self-care, nutrition and exercise.
Her dream is that we all start taking better care of ourselves, by eating better, exercising, having healthy relationships, healthy careers and everything else we need, to be at our absolute best. Her dream is that we all Get Real about lives, our health and our well-being.
Why not start Getting Real about your Health and Wellbeing today? You can join her mailing list where you will learn all about her private practice and stay up to date with her events. Sign up here: bit.ly/getrealwithanne